New Years resolutions 2009
Traditionally, the beginning of a New Year involves making a few resolutions that you'll stick to throughout the coming 12 months. Although I don't usually make any, or indeed, stick to New Years resolutions - this time around, I'm coming up with the following:
- Get Married - this is 99% on track, as the venue is booked and plans are well under-way
- Lose the Christmas excess - I tried the gym last year (or was it 2007?), but soon gave up, so I plan to lose weight but without spending money on a membership I won't utilise
- Learn ASP.NET - this is more work related, as we're moving to .NET - but I'm still on the 1st of many chapters
- Stick to no magazines - so far so good, but I did slip up a few months back when Anneka bought me a copy of Top Gear
- Get to grips with IIS7 - I've got a virtual Server 2008 machine up and running, and I use IIS7 at work on Vista, but there's so many new features (compared to 6) to master
- Finish my own CMS - I've completed the framework (in Classic ASP/MS SQL), but have much more to implement - who knows, I may even release it by the end of 2009 as Open Source!
- Build up plenty of savings - even during the current credit crunch, this should be possible
- Complete an XBOX 360 game - as odd as it may sound, I'm yet to play a 360 game from start to finish - as my measly 730 gamer points show
- Release a new web project - not as per my usual (blogs, static sites), but a full on public affair, that others can use in their day-to-day Internet browsing - I have some ideas up my sleeve...
- Eat breakfast - over the Christmas break we had a few, but getting up at 7am and sitting down to breakfast every day, with Anneka and Lily is my aim
Let me know if you've got any resolutions!
There are 3 comments: